Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hair Masque Chronicles

I recently created a hair masque in my kitchen that included only 3 ingredients. Actually, I believe I was a little too excited so I decided to skip over a very important step. The recipe included 2 avocados, 1 banana and 2 tablespoons of unrefined, virgin coconut oil (heated and melted in a saucepan). Now, instead of placing everything in a blender so that it would be nice and smooth in texture, I mashed them in a small container with a potato masher. BAD IDEA! Starting off, I sectioned my hair and smoothed the mixture in as if I were relaxing my hair. Once my entire head was covered, I went back through and combed my hair all over to ensure that all strands and sections had been touched. After the masque rested in my hair (under a shower cap) for about 4-5 hours, I finally rinsed the mixture out, However, after I looked in the mirror, there was banana that smeared all over my scalp and roots. It was horrible! I had to rinse my hair 3 more times and also cover my hair in the Organix tea tree-mint conditioner, in hope that the banana would come out. This was such an awful experience LOL. The moral of the story is basically that having natural takes patience. Put your all into it and treat it like you would a newborn child. Handle your hair with care and love it. Shortcuts can create an imbalance in the style or intensity that was intended. When you style your hair with love and patience in mind, the results are worth all the effort that was put into it!

XOXO Kandyse ♡♥♡♥

No comments:

Post a Comment